This Policy applies to information we collect on or through the Website. It does not apply to information collected by Bear Down Report offline or through any other means, including information collected on any other website operated by Bear Down Report, its affiliates or any third party. It also does not apply to information collected by any third party (including our affiliates) through any means, including information collected through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be legally bound by this Policy and, thus, expressly consent to our collection, use, protection and disclosure of your information as described in this Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use the Website. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Website after we make changes to this Policy is deemed to be an acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
Collection of Your Information – Information We Collect & How We Collect It:
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including the following:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name and email address and any other information by which you may be contacted online or offline (collectively, “personal information”);
- Information you provide us when you register for an account (such as your display name, bio, and team preferences) and information you post under that account; and
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information (i) directly from you when you provide it to us and (ii) automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and other information collected through third-party analytics service providers, such as Google Analytics, Facebook, or other providers.
Information Provided by You:
The information we collect on or through the Website from you may include the following:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms or registering for an account on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website;
- Information you post under your account. Please be aware that information you provide in your bio and information you post to the comments of this Website will be associated with your account’s display name and will be available to the public. Any personal information you make available in your bio or in the information you post under your account is made at your own risk;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may also provide information to be published, displayed or posted on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technology to collect certain information about your equipment and browsing actions and patterns. This technology is third-party analytics technology, such as that offered by Google Analytics, Facebook, or other analytics service providers. The information we collect automatically includes the following:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system type and browser type.
We may also use this technology to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“behavioral tracking”). Currently, the automatic data collection technology used on the Website does not respond to “Do Not Track” settings and similar mechanisms.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better service, including by enabling us to store information about your team preferences to deliver a more individualized Website experience, estimate our audience size and usage patterns and speed up your searches.
Use of Your Information:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following:
- To provide, enhance, improve and develop the Website and its content and services, including improving the Website’s layout;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us. For example, when you provide us your email address, we will add you to our newsletter subscription list, which you may unsubscribe from at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information;
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems, including fighting malware;
- To prevent potentially unsafe, prohibited or illegal activities;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide such information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information:
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide to us as follows:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bear Down Report’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceedings, in which personal information held by Bear Down Report about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide such information;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- For any purpose with your consent.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Policy, we also reserve the right to access, preserve and disclose any information, including personal information, as we believe is necessary, in our sole and absolute discretion, for the following:
- To respond to legal requirements, including to comply with any court order, law or legal process and to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, trust and safety or technical issues; or
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Bear Down Report, the Website’s users, any third parties or the public in general.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
This Policy addresses only our collection, use, protection and disclosure of information collected by us on or through the Website and that you provide to us on or through the Website. It does not apply to the practices of third parties that we do not own, control, employ or manage, including any third-party websites, applications, services or businesses. If you disclose your information to others, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. You acknowledge that if you provide information to third parties, that information will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties, which may differ from this Policy. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third parties, and we encourage you to ask questions before disclosing your information to others.
Children under the Age of 13:
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
We encourage parents and guardians to supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers. These tools can prevent children from disclosing their names, addresses and other personal information online without parental consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your account information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the deletion of your account or a post. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If we delete any posts from the Website, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or may have been copied or stored by other Website users.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of your information or that your information or private communications will always remain private. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any security measures implemented on the Website.
Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about sharing or disclosing personal information in your bio and Website posts and comments.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended Policy on this page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of this Policy. All amended terms automatically take effect after they are initially posted on this page, unless a change in any applicable law requires immediate amendment. Use of information we collect or that you provide to us is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such information is collected or provided. You are responsible for periodically visiting the Website and this Policy to check for any changes